Submitting High School diplomas and transcripts, High School Equivalency (HSE), and GED/TASC Transcripts

Copies of high school diplomas, high school transcripts and high school equivalency documents (HSE diploma, GED/TASC test score transcripts) can be sent in PDF format to TCERT@nysed.gov with the subject line “HS diploma”. The document must include your full name as it appears in TEACH, and either your date of birth or the last four digits of your SSN. If you have not added your maiden name to your TEACH profile (with the rest of your identifying information), please make sure to do so.

We no longer accept these documents via mail. If you contact your high school to request a copy, the only method for them to send it to us is to do so electronically – through the electronic transcript company called Parchment. They would need to select the New York State Office of Teaching Initiatives through the vendor’s transcript portal.

For high school diplomas completed outside the U.S., please see our foreign credentials webpage.
Last Updated: August 18, 2023