Student Developmental Level -Adolescent Education Grades 7-12
Acceptable courses include those secondary education courses that would be required in a secondary education major.
Examples include but are not limited to pedagogical content that is primarily focused on:
- adolescent development
- adolescent psychology
- methods of teaching content in the secondary school
- adolescent literacy
- curriculum development in the secondary school
Six semester hours (s.h.) must focus exclusively on secondary education.
Unacceptable courses include those that focus on:
- more than one developmental level such as:
- life span developmental psychology
- methods of teaching grades K-12
- child and adolescent psychology
- early childhood education, middle level or childhood education