- "Beginning Teacher Support: Attrition, Mentoring and Induction". In Handbook of Teacher Education (2nd Edition), 1996.
- Developing an Effective Mentor Program. Learning Innovations, Inc. Stoneham, MA. Click here for a Developing an Effective Mentor Program (76 KB) design rubric
- Mentoring: A Resource & Training Guide for Educators. Andover MA: The Regional Laboratory for Educational Improvement of the Northeast and Islands, 1994.
- Dunne, Kathy and Villani, Susan. Mentoring New Teachers Trough Collaborative Coaching: Linking Teacher and Student Learning. Stoneham, MA : WestEd, 2007
- Life Cycle of the Career Teacher. Betty Stefy, Michael P. Wolfe, Suzanne H. Pasch, and Billie J. Enz, Eds. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2000.
- Portner, Hal. Mentoring is Not Enough. Thousands Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2001.
- Teacher Induction and Mentoring: School-based Collaborative Programs. Gary DeBolt, Ed. Albany NY: SUNY Press, 1992.
- The Induction Years: The Beginning Teacher. Amherst MA: National Evaluation Systems, Inc., 1998.
- Loucks-Horsley, Susan; et. al. Continuing to Learn: A Guidebook for Teacher Development. Andover, Massachusetts: Regional Laboratory for Educational Improvement of the Northeast & Islands, 1987.
- Quality Mentoring for Novice Teachers. Sandra J. Odell and Leslie Huling, eds. Indianapolis, Indiana: Kappa Delta Pi, 2000.
- Mentoring Matters: A Practical Guide to Learning-focused Relationships. Laura Lipton and Bruce Wellman. Sherman,CT:MiraVia, LLC,2001.
- Villani, Susan. Mentoring Programs for New Teachers: Models of Induction and Support. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2002.
- Guskey, Thomas. Evaluating Professional Development. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press, 2000.
- Udelhofen, Susan and Larson, Kathy. The Mentoring Year: A Step-by-Step Program for Professional Development. Thousand Oaks, CA : Corwin Press, 2003.
- Palmer, Parker. The Courage to Teach: Exploring the Inner Landscape of a Teacher's Life. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1998.
- Professional Development: Learning from the Best. Oak Brook, Illinois: North Central Regional Educational Laboratory, 1999.
Program Impact Assessments