School Administration (Leadership) Certification RequirementsGeneral Information On Regulations
Recent regulation changes approved by the Board of Regents in June, 2006 to become effective September 1, 2006 include substantial changes affecting School Administration and Leadership titles and the elimination of the transcript evaluation pathway to certification in these titles. The new certification titles and their related scope of authority are as follows:
- School Building Leader (formerly "School Administrator/Supervisor') - certification is appropriate for building principal and below.
- School District Leader (formerly "School District Administrator") - certification is appropriate for district-wide service.
- School District Business Leader (formerly "School Business Administrator') - certification is appropriate for district-wide service.
For details on current regulations go to Recent Certification Changes
For information about an Extension For Bilingual Education For A Pupil Personnel Service Or Administration / Supervision Certificate, go to Search for Certification Requirements
For qestions about Workshops, Fingerprinting, and Citizenship or USCIS Permanent Residency Requirements for information go to:
- Child Abuse Identification and Reporting Workshop
- School Violence Prevention and Intervention Workshop
- Citizenship or USCIS Permanent Residency
- You can also go to Topics A to Z and select the area you need.
To apply, go to to complete your application and pay your fee online.
- Individuals who have completed an approved teacher preparation program should consult their college’s certification officer for the appropriate program information to complete their certification application.
- Those applying for certification through the Interstate Reciprocity pathway should go to Leadership Certification for Applicants from Other States.
- For questions about the application process go to Apply for Certificate .