Register or Change a Program
Program Registration Applications, Guidelines, and Resources
This page contains links to the forms needed to register a new program below the doctoral level or to change an existing program. An institution considering a new doctoral program should contact the Office of College and University Evaluation at (518) 474-1551 for the document, "Steps in the Review of Doctoral Program Proposals."
- The Department has discontinued the electronic application portal ( 223 KB) as as of December 18, 2013. Please use the links below to access the application materials by general type of program proposal.
- Please follow the instructions for submitting proposals, as described in the application materials. We encourage you to submit program proposals through e-mail, unless otherwise noted.
- SUNY and CUNY institutions should consult with their respective system administration contacts.
There are three primary types of applications for programs below the doctoral level. Please choose the application type according to the nature of the proposed program:
Related Program Registration Topics:
- Information about moving to a new degree level
- Policy and College CEO Memoranda