Register or Change a Program
Program Registration Applications, Guidelines, and Resources
This page contains links to the forms needed to register a new program below the doctoral level or to change an existing program. An institution considering a new doctoral program should contact the Office of College and University Evaluation at (518) 474-1551 for the document, "Steps in the Review of Doctoral Program Proposals."
Notice of Change in the Program Proposal Submission Process
The electronic portal, as referenced in the program registration procedures that follow this notice, will close as of December 18, 2013. At that time, the application forms required for the proposal of new programs and revisions to existing programs will become available on this Web site.
Any unsubmitted proposals in the electronic portal will be lost after December 18th. Institutions must either complete and submit a proposal in progress or download and save the information to its site and submit the proposal via the new procedure when the proposal is completed. Please note that all SUNY and CUNY colleges and universities should continue to prepare and submit proposals as required by the respective system administrations.
More Information: memo to the field on the closure of the electronic application portal (223 KB)
Related Program Registration Topics:
- Program registration guidance document--(PDF) or (HTML)
- Information about moving to a new degree level
- Student teaching waiver (teacher preparation programs):
Pursuant to Commissioner's Regulations 52.21(b)(2)(ii)(c)(2), student teaching placements must include a minimum of 100 clock hours of field experience and 40 days of student teaching. If you would like to offer an alternate model of student teaching that does not include two separate placements, as required by regulation, you must request a waiver. More information: student teaching waiver.
Applications for the following types of proposals must be submitted through the electronic application portal:
- New degree program (non-doctoral)
- New certificate or advanced certificate program
- Addition of the distance education format to a new or existing registered program
The electronic application portal may be accessed at https://nysocue.myreviewroom.com/. Designated institutional contacts have been provided access to this portal.
- SUNY and CUNY colleges and universities should continue to prepare and submit proposals as required by the respective system administrations. that all
Proposals for the following types of actions will continue to be submitted in hard copy:
- Change an existing registered program (113KB)
- Register a program that prepares candidates for teacher/leader certification
- Register a program that prepares candidates for a professional license
|Type of Teacher/Leadership Program Sought:||
Register a program that prepares teacher candidates for Initial or Initial/Professional certification and/or Extensions/Annotations
|Initial program application (424 KB)
Register one of the following types of teacher/leader preparation programs:
|Change an existing teacher certification or educational leadership certification program||Teacher/leader program change (101 KB)|
|Apply for a student teaching placement waiver|
Add the distance education format to a new or existing registered program
- Application ( 333 KB) to propose a program that will prepare candidates for a professional license (except
- Application to propose a program to prepare candidates for licensure in polysomnographic technology ( 60 KB)
Programs intended to prepare individuals for licensure in a profession licensed by the State Education Department will be evaluated by the Department’s Professional Education Program Review office, in the Office of the Professions. Before preparing an application for a professional licensure program, contact that office for more information about additional materials that may be needed to supplement the core program registration form.
Programs that prepare licensed professionals:
New York State Education Department
Office of the Professions
Professional Education Program Review
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
(518) 474-3817, extension 360
Fax: (518) 473-0114