- Albert Shanker Grant and NBPTS Candidate Fee Subsidy program This is a grant awarded to qualified New York State teachers seeking National Board certification during the 2009-2010 school year
For Teacher Development Programs
- NYS Mentor Teacher Internship Program : This grant program provides funds for the development and implementation of mentor teacher-internship programs in local school districts and for instructional programs at boards of cooperative educational services (BOCES).
- Teachers of Tomorrow (TOT) : This grant program provides funds for local school districts to recruit and retain teachers.
- Teacher Opportunity Corps (TOC): This grant program provides funds to Colleges and Universities to offer services that encourage underrepresented minorities to enter teaching and to prepare teachers to teach at-risk students.
- Teacher/Leader Quality Partnership Program (TLQP) (formerly known as Dwight D. Eisenhower Education Professional Development Program): This grant program provides federal funds to Colleges and Universities in order for them to provide Professional Development services to local school districts. Although these funds were originally targeted to the Science, Math and Technology fields, this has been expanded to include all core subjects.
For Collegiate Development
- Smart Scholars Early College High School (ECHS) Program : This grant program helps to establish a network of early college high schools throughout New York State.
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) : This grant program helps to provide a broad range of services to New York State residents who, because of academic and economic circumstances, would otherwise be unable to attend a postsecondary educational institution.
- Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) : This grant program helps to this program is increase the number of students from under-represented groups who are pursuing professional licensure and careers in mathematics, science, technology and health-related fields.
- Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Technical Act Programs (VTEA) : This grant program provides funds to postsecondary institutions, preparing students to be more competitive in the world economy. The Perkins Act provided Federal funds for vocational-technical programs for both youth and adults.