Report Educator Test Fraud
This online incident reporting process has been designed to provide individuals a means of reporting possible testing misconduct by educators (teaching personnel and administrators) related to New York State assessments. ALL such testing irregularities must be reported through the submission of an Incident Report Form. Reporting parties should complete all portions of the Incident Report Form with clear, accurate information, and should provide contact information in the event that follow up is necessary.
The Incident Report Form should be used only to report allegations concerning educator misconduct and/or cheating related to New York State assessments. Information about student cheating on state assessments or about instances of mistakes and difficulties in the proctoring, administration and scoring of state assessments should be referred to the Office of State Assessment via fax: (518) 474-1989.
Examples of possible test fraud by educators include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Giving a student more time to take the test than is allowed for that student under State regulations.
- Defining or explaining for a student words, concepts, or questions, contained in the test.
- Suggesting answers to a student or otherwise coaching a student during testing.
- Commenting on an answer a student has provided on the answer sheet while the test is in progress.
- Allowing a student to alter exam answers after the student has handed in his/her test materials.
- Altering a student’s answers after the student has handed in his/her test materials.
- Improperly inflating a student’s valid, earned test score in order to help the student pass the exam.
- Making any attempt to improve a student’s test score during scoring, recording, or reporting.
* NOTICE *
- The New York State Education Department will handle all of the information submitted in the Incident Report Form in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations including the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- You may be contacted by a member of the TSU after you submit the Incident Report Form.
- Your Incident Report Form may be forwarded to another office or agency for handling if the incident you reported pertains to matters outside of TSU’s area or responsibilities.
For additional information contact:
Test Security Unit
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12234
fax: (518) 473-9998