Social Security Number Update
If your Social Security number is incorrect on your TEACH account, you may request that the number be changed. To do this, go to your TEACH account (or self-register if you don't have an account). Once in your TEACH account:
- Click "Update/Add Education, Employment, and Personal Information"
- Click "Edit Personal Info"
- Click the "Request SSN Change" button
You must submit a copy of your Social Security card, Drivers License or Passport, and letter that explains the error in TEACH to one of the following:
- Mail to: Office of Teaching Initiatives, 89 Washington Ave, EB RM 5N, Albany, NY 12234
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: (518)473-0271
There is no fee for requesting a SSN change.