Teacher and Leader Quality Partnership Program
| In-Service Professional Development Program | Educational Leadership Program Enhancement | Contact Information 2009-2010 Final Reports | 2010-2011 Award Reapplication forms | Reports and Program Communications
Authorized by the No Child Left Behind Act (Title II, Part A, Subpart 3), New York State's Teacher/Leader Quality Partnerships (TLQP) program aims at improving the academic success of New York's students by improving the quality of their teachers.
For the current funding cycle the TLQP program will be split into two funding initiatives. The first will be an initiative focusing on in-service professional development. The second will be an initiative focusing on the enhancement of educational leadership focusing on School Building Leaders (SBL).
- The program awards grant/contracts to partnerships consisting
of an institution of higher education and its teacher education
division, a college (or division) of arts and sciences, and
at least one high-need school district.
Drawing on their respective experiences, skills, and knowledge, the partners work together to design and implement professional development programs that will help in-service teachers and school administrators meet the needs of their students.
- TLQP 2012-15 Professional Development RFP (584 KB) | Updated 05/22/2012
- TLQP 2012-15 Professional Development Presentation (709 KB)
- TLQP 2012-15 Professional Development Questions and Answers (21 KB)
- The Educational Leadership Program Enhancement Project is intended to be a catalyst for the kind of collaboration that can generate significant and sustainable improvements in providing aspiring educational leaders with the knowledge and skills required to successfully lead in high needs schools.
The Educational Leadership Program Enhancement Project offers an opportunity to meet these ambitious goals by seeding model programs for the development of educational leaders.
- TLQP 2012-15 Educational Leadership Program Enhancement RFP (460 KB)| Updated 05/22/2012
- TLQP 2012-15 Educational Leadership Program Enhancement Presentation (636 KB)
- NYSED received no questions about the 2012-15 TLQP Educational Leadership RFP.
Teacher Development Programs Unit
New York State Education Department
5 North, Education Building
Albany, NY 12234
- 2009-2010 TLQP Educational Leadership Final Report & Instructions (461KB)
- 2009-2010 TLQP Professional Development Final Report (215KB)
- 2010-2011 Reapplication Memo (39KB)
- 2010-2011 Reapplication TLQP Educational Leadership (33KB)
- 2010-2011 Reapplication TLQP Professional Development Program (33KB)
- Reapplication FS-20 (90KB)
- Reapplication ATTACHMENT VI (105KB)
- TLQP 2009-2010 Professional Development Fact Sheet (120KB)
- TLQP 2009-2010 Educational Leadership Fact Sheet (128KB)
- TLQP: definitions of important terms (32KB)
- List of 2009-2012 Funded Projects (88KB)
- Geographic Regions Served By TLQP Projects (75KB)
- 2010 SAIPE Data (75 KB)