Apply for Membership
The Office of Teaching Initiatives maintains Applicant Registry, a process used to fill vacancies on the State Professional Standards and Practices Board for Teaching. We invite applications from individuals who are interested in helping to shape teaching policy in New York State and who qualify for appointment in one of the following categories:
- Teacher in a NYS school, either classroom teacher or pupil personnel service professional
- Representative of a NYS college or university that prepares teachers (not an adjunct)
- School administrator, either at the building or district level
- Public member, representing business, parents, school boards, or other community groups involved in education
- Student matriculated in a teacher preparation program at a NYS institution, either full-or part-time)
- Individuals may submit an application to the Registry at
any time, whether or not there is a current vacancy. When a
vacancy occurs, all applicants in the category of the vacancy
are considered for appointment.
- For a step-by-step description and "how to", see Standards Board Applicant Registry and Member Selection Process.
- For an application, go to Application for Appointment Form (50 KB).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Melissa Greene, secretary to the Standards Board, at (518) 474-3709, or by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.