Determination of Correct Career and Technical Education Title Form and Instructions
The Determination of Correct Career and Technical Education Title form is used to determine the appropriate Career and Technical Education (CTE) certificate title for the specific teaching assignment.
The BOCES CTE/school district official most knowledgeable about the CTE teaching position in question should complete Section I (Questions 1 through 5)
- List your school district or BOCES name
- Name of the School District Official completing the form
- Enter title of School District Official completing the form
- Enter the email and phone number for the person named in # 2
- Describe the career and technical education teaching position, including the name of course /teaching assignment. Please include a brief outline of the curriculum to be covered in the course. (Send as an attachment if necessary)
- If the district has a candidate in mind but is unsure if the
applicant has the appropriate qualifications, complete Question
- The prospective candidate must apply for the certificate title the district believes to be the most appropriate certification - via TEACH – the Office of Teaching Initiatives online services system. The Office of Teaching Initiatives will change the title applied for, if necessary. The applicant must list all education, if any, and all experience in their personal information profile in TEACH.
The BOCES CTE/school district official should submit the form electronically via email to their respective Regional Certification Officer, or Human Resources liaison. All attachments, if necessary, should be submitted electronically with the form.
Regional Certification Officer, or Human Resources liaison
- Email the completed form and any accompanying attachments to the Office of Teaching Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Once a determination has been made by the NYSED CTE Unit, the completed form will be e-mailed back to the respective RCO or Human Resources liaison.