Name Change

You may change your name in your TEACH Online Services account. To do this, go to and log into your TEACH account (or self-register if you don't already have an account). Once in your TEACH account:

  • Click Verify/Update Profile
  • click Edit Personal Info
  • click the Request Name Change button
  • You must mail a copy of the documentation that supports your request and an explanation of the request. For example, if you request a name change, mail us a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree etc. Mail to: Office of Teaching Initiatives, 89 Washington Ave, EB RM 5N, Albany, NY 12234

There is no fee for requesting a name change.

To have a certificate reissued in your new name there is a $25 fee. To apply for a duplicate certificate reflecting your name change, go to Indicates you can Apply Online

Last Updated: June 7, 2012