Need fast answers?
To help you quickly find what you need here’s a wealth of instantly accessible information. Categories center around topics pertinent to the most commonly asked questions received. Check here first for answers to yours.
The primary functions of this office are to evaluate completed applications and to issue certificates. This leaves little time to respond to a steady flow of daily telephone and email inquiries.
Have you tried:
- Finding your answer in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)?
- Important Information When Accessing Your TEACH Account
- Using Key Words to Search the OTI Web site?
- Checking Index A – Z for an index of web links by topic?
- Looking in Related Links for other information?
- Visiting - Becoming Certified – What’s My Next Step?
If you have tried all of the above and did not find an answer, you may find what you need below.
- About Certification - General Information
- American Sign Language - Statement of Continuing Eligibility (SOCE) or Extension
- Applying for Certification
- Certificate of Qualification (CQ)
- Child Abuse Reporting and Identification Workshop
- Citizenship Requirement
- Colleges Offering Approved Teacher Preparation Programs
- Duplicate Certificate
- Distance Learning
- Education Department
- Expedited Service
- Experience Requirements - Student Teaching / Permanent / Professional/ Mentored
- Expiration Letter - What to do if you have received this letter from the New York City Department of Education
- Expired Certificate
- Foreign-Educated (Foreign-Credentialed) Certification Information
- Gifted and Talented - Statement of Continuing Eligibility (SOCE) or Extension
- Incorrect area on an issued certificate
- Master’s Degree Requirement
- Moral Character Complaint (Teacher Discipline) - about a teacher or school administrator certified by the State of New York, or about illegal practice of the profession by an uncertified person.
- Name Change
- Name Misspelled on a Certificate
- Out-of-State – Using a Teaching Certificate from Another State
- Permanent Certification
- Professional Development Requirement
- Pupil Personnel Position Requirements - School Social Worker; School Psychologist; School Counselor; School Attendance Teacher; School Dental Hygiene Teacher;
- Regulations - General Information
- Requirements – finding what you need for your Classroom Teaching Certificate
- School Administration (Leadership) Position Requirements - School District Administrator; School Business Administrator; School Administrator and Supervisor
- School Nurse Teacher
- School Violence Prevention Workshop
- Status of Application
- Substitute Teaching
- Supplementary Certificate
- Teaching Assistant Requirements
- Teacher Discipline (Moral Character Complaint) - about a teacher or school administrator certified by the State of New York, or about illegal practice of the profession by an uncertified person.
- Tenure – Referral for Questions
- Tests and Test-taking
- Theatre – Statement of Continuing Eligibility (SOCE) or Extension Requirements
- Time Extension
- Verification of Certification
- Verification of Test Scores