Student Developmental Level - Middle Childhood Grades 5-9
Acceptable courses include those middle school education courses that would be required in a middle school education major.
Examples include but are not limited to pedagogical content that is primarily focused on:
- middle level curriculum development
- methods of teaching in middle school
- interdisciplinary middle level curriculum standards
- assessment of the intellectual, social and physical development of all young adolescents
- early adolescent psychology
Six semester hours (s.h.) must focus exclusively on the middle level education.
Unacceptable courses include those that focus on:
- more than one developmental level such as
- life span developmental psychology
- methods of teaching grades K-12
- child and adolescent psychology
- early childhood, childhood or secondary education