Student Developmental Level Childhood Education Grades 1-6
Acceptable courses include those elementary education courses that would be required in an elementary education major.
Examples include but are not limited to pedagogical content that is primarily focused on:
- methods of teaching in the elementary school
- literacy instruction in the elementary school
- child psychology courses if they focus only on childhood 1-6 education
Six semester-hours (s.h.) must focus exclusively on childhood education.
Unacceptable courses include those that focus on:
- more than one developmental level such as
- life span developmental psychology
- methods of teaching grades K-12
- child and adolescent psychology
- secondary, middle level or early childhood education
- children’s literature, child development and child psychology courses that focus on all grade levels.