The New York State Teacher Certification Examination Program is designed to help insure that teachers have the knowledge and skills that are necessary for service in the State's and school leaders public schools. The testing program is administered by Pearson for the New York State Education Department.
Individuals seeking a teaching certificate must achieve qualifying scores on a set of assessments, depending on the certificate title.
- Certification Examination Information including:
online registration for tests
test study guides
test schedule and locations
unofficial posting of test scores
and other testing information go to www.nystce.nesinc.com
- Update on New Exams for Initial Certification of Teachers and School Building Leaders
- School Leadership Examinations
- Teaching Assistant Skills Test (NYSATAS)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Certification Exam
- edTPA -Certification to edTPA Handbook
- edTPA FAQ's