The New York State Teacher Certification Examination Program is designed to help insure that teachers and school leaders have the knowledge and skills that are necessary for service in the State's schools. The testing program is administered by Pearson for the New York State Education Department.
Individuals seeking a teaching certificate must achieve qualifying scores on a set of assessments, depending on the certificate title.
For Certification Examination Information including:
online registration for tests
test study guides
test schedule and locations
go to www.nystce.nesinc.com
- Update on Score Reporting for Redeveloped Content Speciality Tests
- New Exams for Initial Certification of Teachers and School Building Leaders
- School Leadership Examinations
- Teaching Assistant Skills Test (NYSATAS)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Certification Exam
- edTPA -Certification to edTPA Handbook (234 KB)
- edTPA Frequently Asked Question's
- edTPA Safety Net