The New York State Teacher Certification Examination Program (NYSTCE) is designed to help insure that teachers and school leaders have the knowledge and skills that are necessary for service in the State's schools. The NYSTCE testing program is administered by Pearson for the New York State Education Department.
Individuals seeking a teaching certificate must achieve qualifying scores on a set of assessments, depending on the certificate title.
Exception: Candidates who are certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in a title which is the same as or comparable to a New York State title are exempt from the testing requirements.
To see which tests are required for the specific certificate title and type you are interested click on the icon below:
Test scores for the NYSTCE program are automatically reported to the Office of Teaching Initiatives after each test administration even if a candidate has not yet made a formal application for a certificate. The edTPA scores will be reported electronically to the Office of Teaching Initiatives if you request your score to be sent to NYSED. Please make sure your name, date of birth and the last five of your social security number match the information in your TEACH account.
For Certification Examination Information including:
- Online registration for tests
- Requests for special accommodations for a disability
- Test fees
- Test study guides
- Test schedule and locations
- Test frameworks
Go to www.nystce.nesinc.com
- Update on Score Reporting for Redeveloped Content Specialty Tests
- New Exams for Initial Certification of Teachers and School Building Leaders
- School Leadership Examinations
- Teaching Assistant Skills Test (NYSATAS)
- edTPA -Certification to edTPA Handbook (234 KB)
- edTPA Frequently Asked Question's
- edTPA Safety Net