Higher Education Resources
Higher Education Network (AHEN) - Networking tool
providing a forum for philosophical discussion, for collaborative
assessment, for individuals' networking needs, and for
the creation of new programs in the alternative higher
- American Association of Colleges for
Teacher Education - AACTE supports programs in teacher education,
multicultural and international education, leadership development,
networking, professional and women's issues, and school reform.
- American Council of Trustees and Alumni -
Originally the National Alumni Forum, ACTA mobilizes alumni and college
trustees on behalf of academic freedom and excellence.
- American Indian Higher Education Consortium -
The American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC) is a unique—and
uniquely American Indian—organization, founded in 1972 by the presidents
of the nation’s first six Tribal Colleges.
- APPA: The Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers - "Maintaining, protecting and promoting the quality of [higher] education facilities."
- Association for Support of Graduate Students - A service organization of graduate students, graduate-student organizations (GSOs), and graduate-degree-granting institutions.
- Boston College Center for International Higher Education - A resource for faculty and students, with links to other research centers, the UN, international news and library information, etc.
- California Academic Press - Works on critical thinking assessment, outcomes, assessment, seminars and workshops for teaching thinking, critical thinking in nursing, critical thinking assessment for accreditation.
- California Community Colleges
Foundation - Partners with business and education for
education, mentoring, training and technical support.
- Chronicle of Higher Education - News and job information source for college and university faculty members, administrators, and students.
- CollegeEdge (Princeton
Review) - Everything from how to choose a college to financial
aid and scholarships.
- CollegeNET - 2500 colleges listed with admissions information. Search engine and geographical indexes.
- Critical Thinking
Community - Promotes interdisciplinary educational
reform. Central to its books, conferences, assessment tools,
and workshops is the promotion of quality reasoning, writing,
and reading for K-12 and Universities.
- Education Week - Pre-K through
12: news and issues.
- Graduate School Guide -
A comprehensive online guide to doctoral, master's and professional degree
Studies on the Net - Greek studies programs, institutes, etc.
- Higher Education Report - This
monthly produced by the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
(AJCU) shares information from the campuses of the 28 AJCU member institutions.
- Higher Education Resources Network -
worldwide links; ERIC database search.
- Higher Education Statistics Agency
(UK) - National data collection site - enrollment, disabilities,
subjects studied, staff, first destinations, finance.
- IAESTE - The International Exchange
of Students for Technical Experience exchanges students from more than
70 countries for practical training relevant to their studies.
- Institute of International Education -
Global higher education and professional exchange. IIE administers the
Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment - a comprehensive
list by University Planning and Analysis, North Carolina State University.
- Minnesota Higher Education Services Office - Administers state financial aid and federal programs affecting Minnesota students and provides academic and financial preparation information for postsecondary education.
- National Academic
Advising Association - An international higher education
- National Center for Higher Education
Management Systems - Helps colleges and universities improve their
- National Center for Public
Policy and Higher Education
- National Information Center
for Higher Education Policymaking and Analysis - Comparative data
- New York
Learns - Higher education resources for students, parents, and
- Postsecondary Education Opportunity - "to
inform those who formulate, fund, and administer public policy and programs
about the condition of and influences that affect postsecondary education
opportunity for all Americans"
- Quality Assurance Agency
for Higher Education - To promote public confidence
that quality of provision and standards of awards in higher
education are being safeguarded and enhanced.
- United States Government Links - NCES, Answers, students.gov, and more.