Institutional Accreditation by the Board of Regents
The New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education serve as the nationally recognized accrediting agency for 19 institutions of higher education in New York State. One result of this accreditation is that these institutions are eligible for Title IV funds under the Higher Education Act if they choose to participate in these programs.
Scope of Accreditation
The United States Secretary of Education recognizes the New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education for the institutional accreditation of those degree-granting institutions of higher education in New York, including distance education offered by those institutions, that designate the agency as their sole or primary nationally recognized accrediting agency for purposes of establishing eligibility to participate in HEA programs.
- Public Notices of Accreditation
- Colleges accredited
by the Regents and the Commissioner
- The Handbook of Institutional Accreditation (354 KB) includes comprehensive information about institutional accreditation functions and processes.
02-08 Important Information about New York Colleges that
are Institutionally Accredited by the Board of Regents and
the Commissioner of Education in their Capacity as a Nationally
Recognized Accrediting Agency
- New York State Regents Advisory Council on Institutional Accreditation
- New York State Regents Advisory Council on Institutional
- Conflict of Interest Guidelines and Recusal Policy
Resources for Institutions and Site Visitors
|Information for institutions accredited by the Board of Regents and Commissioner of Education|
* * *
|Selected Resources for Institutional Accreditation Site Visitors|