Pre-Collegiate Preparation & Scholarships
Services and LPP Venues
While local LPP designs may vary, all LPPs provide the following services:
- Strategies for effective learners
- Tutoring/homework assistance
- Exam reviews
- Developmental and college courses
- Case management
- Individual/group counseling
- Family services
- Crisis intervention
- Academic advisement
- College/career exploration & placement assistance
- Career/employment search strategies
- Job shadows, internships, part-time/summer employment
- Pre-profession orientation
- Service-Learning Projects
- Entrepreneurial Projects
- Support networks
- Family Advocacy
- GED & ESL classes
- Workforce transition assistance
- Field trips to educational, cultural and recreation venues
- * Some LPPs may offer programs in fine & performing arts and/or sports
LPP Services are offered through a variety of settings that are based on the needs of the local community.
- School-based Model
LPP services are (a) inserted into the regular school day; (b) as part of the extended-day schedule; or (c) as a component of a structured afterschool enterprise.
- Campus-based Model
LPP services are delivered on the college campus through after-school, weekend and summer programming.
LPP services are offered through neighborhood settings and may be implemented at not-for- profit agencies, local businesses, or churches.
- Hybrid Models
Individual LPPs may offer services through multiple venues.