Pre-Collegiate Preparation & Scholarships
Services and LPP Venues
For more on what is happening in LPP, please see the LPP website created by the various projects.
While local LPP designs may vary, all LPPs provide the following services:
- Strategies for effective learners
- Tutoring/homework assistance
- Exam reviews
- Developmental and college courses
- Case management
- Individual/group counseling
- Family services
- Crisis intervention
- Academic advisement
- College/career exploration & placement assistance
- Career/employment search strategies
- Job shadows, internships, part-time/summer employment
- Pre-profession orientation
- Service-Learning Projects
- Entrepreneurial Projects
- Support networks
- Family Advocacy
- GED & ESL classes
- Workforce transition assistance
- Field trips to educational, cultural and recreation venues
- Some LPPs may offer programs in fine & performing arts and/or sports
- College visits and academic and career planning
LPP Services are offered through a variety of settings that are based on the needs of the local community.
- School-based Model
LPP services are (a) inserted into the regular school day; (b) as part of the extended-day schedule; or (c) as a component of a structured afterschool enterprise.
- Campus-based Model
LPP services are delivered on the college campus through after-school, weekend and summer programming.
LPP services are offered through neighborhood settings and may be implemented at not-for- profit agencies, local businesses, or churches.
- Hybrid Models
Individual LPPs may offer services through multiple venues.