Pre-Collegiate Preparation & Scholarships
Services and LPP Venues
For more on what is happening in LPP, please see the LPP website created by the various projects.
While local LPP designs may vary, all LPPs provide the following services:
- Personal Learning Plans
- Strategies for effective learners
- Tutoring/homework assistance
- Exam reviews
- Developmental and college courses
- Case management
- Individual/group counseling
- Family services
- Crisis intervention
- Academic advisement
- College/career application assistance
College and Career Preparation
- College Tours and Orientation
- Career discovery & employment search strategies
- Pre-profession orientation
- Service-Learning Projects
- Entrepreneurial Projects
- Support networks
- GED & ESL classes
- Workforce transition assistance
LPP Services are offered through a variety of settings that are based on the needs of the local community.
- School-based Model
LPP services are (a) inserted into the regular school day; (b) as part of the extended-day schedule; or (c) as a component of a structured afterschool enterprise.
- Campus-based Model
LPP services are delivered on the college campus through after-school, weekend and summer programming.
LPP services are offered through neighborhood settings and may be implemented at not-for- profit agencies, local businesses, or churches.
- Hybrid Models
Individual LPPs may offer services through multiple venues.