Resources for Deans
- Commissioner’s Regulations, Rules, Laws relating to Higher Education
- Regulation Changes for All Teacher Education Programs and Restructuring Students with Disabilities Certification (17KB)
- New York State Teaching Standards
- Common Core Learning Standards
- New York State Mentoring Standards
- Professional Standards & Practices Board for Teaching
- Teacher Development Programs
Teacher Recognition Awards
Anyone can nominate a teacher!
- Better Beginnings Award - The award, which is sponsored by the Board of Regents, honors the life and career of Helen Bach Moss, a young New York State educator who passed away in 1988.
- Teacher of the Year - New York State (NYS) wishes to recognize and celebrate an exceptionally skilled and passionate educator to be an ambassador for NYS teachers and to serve as the NYS nominee for the National Teacher of the Year Program.
- Examination Requirements for School Building Leader (SBL) Certification
- New Certification Exams
- August - Informational Webinar on Preparation Program Feedback Reports
- Slides for Informational Webinar on Preparation Program Feedback Reports (399KB) | Posted 08/23/2012
- July - Informational Webinar on Preparation Program Feedback Reports
- Slides for Informational Webinar on Preparation Program Feedback Reports (390KB) | Posted 07/24/2012
- Overview of the Teacher Performance Assessment Consortium (TPAC) (2MB) | Updated 07/16/2012
- Drafts of assessment frameworks and test designs for the first group of new and redesigned certification assessments are now available | Posted 05/03/2012
- Recent Certification Changes
- TEACH Online System Resources
- Memo to Deans and Directors (369 KB): Request for Comment on State Partnership Agreement with the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Teacher Education Accreditation Counsel (TEAC)
- Teacher and Education Leader Certification Exams
- Great Teachers and Leaders - RTTT Assurance Area D Resources for Educator Preparation and Certification
- Great Teachers and Leaders and Teacher and Principal Annual Professional Performance Review
Requests for Proposals
- RFPs If you would like to receive an email notification when the RFPs are posted, please email edpDataDashboards@mail.nysed.gov and indicate in the subject line, "Email me when RFP is posted."
- Notice of Intent: Notice of Intent: Education Data Portal